Tattoo Aftercare Instructions
- Remove bandage in 2-3 hours after completion of tattoo. Do not re-wrap or apply a new bandage.
- NEVER touch tattoo with dirty hands. ALWAYS wash and disinfect your hands before touching your tattoo. Wash your tattoo with warm water and anti-bacterial soap. (Suggested brand: Dial) Gently pat dry your tattoo and apply a thin layer of FRAGRANCE-FREE, alcohol-free, medicated ointment or water-based lotion. (Suggested brands: Lubriderm, Aquaphor, A&D) Recommended for the next 3-5 days. AFTER 3-5 days, apply a light coating of moisturizing ointment until the skin returns to its pre-tattoo condition.
- Clean tattoo twice daily (morning & night or whenever necessary) and apply lotion/ ointment 3-4 times daily.
- NEVER scratch, peel or pick at your tattoo. Your tattoo will go through a healing process where it will inevitably reach a stage of scabbing and will begin to itch. Applying lotion regularly, in most cases, should prevent intense scabbing. The scabbing should fall of in 7-10 days.
- DO NOT swim/ soak your tattoo in water while your tattoo is healing. This includes but not limited to, the ocean, lakes, swimming pools, saunas, steam rooms, hot tubs, and bathtubs. Showers are OK. Please take showers.
- DO NOT expose your tattoo to direct sunlight. Let your tattoo completely heal before showing it off in the sun. Doing so can and probably will, affect your tattoo. When healed, you should always apply a good SPF sun block lotion when in the sun to protect the integrity of the tattoo for years to come.
- Follow these instructions carefully and your tattoo should heal nicely in approximately 3-4 weeks. Feel free to contact us if you experience any difficulties with the healing process and/or have any questions.
- SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF INFECTION include, but not limited to, severe redness, swelling, tenderness around/on the tattoo area, red streaks with intense pain around or on the tattoo, elevated body temperature, or purulent drainage from the affected area. Discharge from the tattoo area may be green/ yellow in color and have a foul odor. Please contact our shop at 831-920-2786 or email us at email@example.com and/or seek immediate medical care if any signs or symptoms of infection develop.